Today I wanted to share with you one of my go-to eye looks featuring copper/bronze/gold shades. It was a little inspired by the colours of autumn leaves, and is simple enough to do quickly, but still looks pulled together. This look features the original Urban Decay Naked Palette, which was my first high-end eyeshadow palette purchase and is extremely well-loved – I’m sure many of you are more than familiar with this palette and love it as well.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette: Naked, Toasted, Smog, Half Baked, Hustle, Virgin
- Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Liner in Zero
- Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Liner in Stray Dog
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
- Maybelline One by One Mascara
- With a blending brush, I placed Naked in my crease to use as a transition colour, then patted Toasted all over the lid, making sure not to go over Naked.
- Place Smog in the outer corner, blending it in with Toasted. Use Hustle in a V shape in your outer corner to give your eye even more dimension.
- This is optional, but take Half Baked and place it in the middle of your eyelid, where Toasted and Smog meet. This not only helps transition the colours, but the gold shade gives the look an extra touch of autumn sparkle
- Use Virgin as your browbone and inner corner highlight
- Line the lower lash line with Hustle. Eyeshadows fade very quickly on my lower lash line, so I lined it with Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Liner in Stray Dog (a taupe-brown) first, so that Hustle could have something to adhere to.
- Line your upper lashline with brown or black liner of any kind. I used Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Liner in Zero. As this was a quick and easy look, I chose to keep it simple by not doing a wing.
- Curl eyelashes and use mascara of your choice.
That is it! Pretty easy stuff. I’m still learning how to take close ups of my eyes – I took literally 50 pictures of my eyes before I could find three that were somewhat usable, haha! It also freaked me out how the camera captures every. single. detail. of your eye area, even things that no one would see in real life because no one stands that close! It is a LOT harder than I thought it would be, so it might take me a while to perfect 🙂
Let me know what eye looks you’re loving for October!