Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a wonderful, relaxing weekend!
Two weeks ago, I did a first impressions post on the Tarte Tartelette palette. I’ve been putting the palette to the test since, and today I wanted to show you a look I’ve been loving. There are a lot of neutral tones in the palette, but since the last eye look I did was with neutral shades, I figured today I would share a purple/mauve look.
Tarte Tartelette Palette – Force of Nature, Natural Beauty, Best Friend, Bombshell, Free Spirit
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
Maybelline One by One Mascara
- Run Force of Nature through your crease with a blending brush. This will act as your transition shade.
- Place Natural Beauty on inner third of the lid.
- Pat Best Friend over the middle and outer corner of your lid, blending it into the transition shade.
- You can leave as is for a soft smoky look, but if you want a more defined lid, use Bombshell to deepen up the outer V
- Use Free Spirit as your brow bone and inner corner highlight. My personal preference is to use a shimmery highlighter for my inner corner and brow bone if I have matte shadows on my lid, but for the sake of using the entire palette in one eye look, I used Free Spirit as a matte highlighter.
- Line lower lash line with Bombshell. I found that this shade disappeared on my lower lash line very quickly, so I had to use a regular brown eyeliner for better staying power. I do think it would work perfectly fine for people who normally have no issues using eyeshadows as liners, though.
- Line upper lash line with eyeliner. I thought about doing a dramatic wing, but went with just a small flick with some liquid liner.
- Curl lashes and apply mascara
Excuse the horrid, straight lashes – I think my mascara is starting to dry up and is weighing my lashes down, but I haven’t had a chance to get a new one yet (any drugstore mascara recommendations, by the way?) Hope you like this look and are able to do something similar with what you own. If you have a favourite matte look, please share! I’m just starting to get into matte shadows and I think I love it.