I saw that lipstickonthelake did this tag and was interested in doing it myself! Please check out her blog if you’re not already following it 🙂
1. How many times do you wash your face daily? Once in the morning (just with water) and once before bed (with makeup remover/cleanser).
2. What skin type do you have? Normal-dry to very dry.
3. What is your current facial wash? Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam.
4. Do you exfoliate? Yes, usually about twice a week.
5. What brand do you use? I have almost exclusively used Shiseido for all of my moisturizers/cleansers since I was a teen – for masks and exfoliators I use Glam Glow, and for sheet masks I tend to try out different Japanese/Korean brands.
6. What moisturizer do you use? Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturiser Enriched – not loving it because it comes in a pot, which I find unsanitary, whereas all of the other moisturizers I’ve used have had pumps. There are other moisturizers in the same line that come in a pump bottle, but this one is the thickest moisturiser and works best with my dry skin, so I just have to suck it up!
7. Do you have freckles? Nope.
8. Do you use eye cream? Yes, Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 (my answers are getting repetitive). This one probably isn’t meant for someone my age as my mother uses it, but a lot of eye creams give me milia. One day I just randomly tried my mom’s eye cream and found it not only worked wonderfully with the dry skin around my eyes, but also that it didn’t give me any milia. Also, I have very fine lines under my eyes…so maybe this helps reduce their appearance?
9. Do you or did you have acne prone skin? I am lucky enough to have had pretty trouble-free skin for most of my life. Looking back at pictures of my teenage years, I realize I had breakouts on my forehead quite often, but I guess it wasn’t too bad if I don’t even remember it.
10. Did you ever have to use Proactive? Nope.
11. What foundation do you use? I don’t use foundation!
12. How about concealer? NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer.
13. Do you know your undertone color? Warm toned.
14. What do you think of fake eyelashes? Love them! I’m not that great at applying them though.
15. Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months? Yes, but I only follow this rule loosely. If the mascara hasn’t dried out after three months, I continue using it. However, I find most mascaras dry out after 4-ish months and have to be thrown out anyways.
16. What brand of mascara do you use? I try all brands of mascara, although I tend to stick to drugstore just because the expiry on mascaras is so short. Right now, I’m using a sample of a Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant mascara, which I’m not loving that much.
17. Sephora or MAC? Sephora! So much to choose from.
18. Do you have a MAC Pro-card? Nope.
19. What makeup tools do you use in make up application? Brushes.
20. Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes? Yes! Currently finishing up a sample of the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but my favourite is the NARS Pro-Prime.
21. For the face? I have many face primer samples that never get used up because I don’t wear foundation. Once in a while when I wear BB cream, I’ll use a face primer with it. The sample I’m using now is the Korres Vitamin E face primer. I really like it because the texture is light and it smells of oranges.
22. What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)? Taupes and champagnes are my absolute favourite shades. Off the top of my head, I love Sin from Urban Decay.
23. Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? Both – pencil for every day use and liquid liners for whenever I want to do a flick. My favourite pencils are the Urban Decay 24/7 Liners and my favourite liquid liner is the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner.
24. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil? I find I poke myself with a mascara wand more than with eyeliner. My eyes then tear up like crazy and I end up having mascara all over my eyes.
25. What do you think of pigment eye shadows? They are beeeautiful, but I rarely use them because they make such a mess everywhere – on my makeup table, on my face, maybe even on the floor, UGH!
26. Do you use mineral makeup? I don’t think I’ve ever tried mineral makeup before!
27. What is your favorite lipstick? Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Liar. My favourite “My Lips but Better” nude lipstick.
28. How about lip gloss? I very rarely wear lipgloss, as I find my natural lip colour is too pigmented for any lip gloss colour to show up.
29. What is your favorite blush to use? Probably NARS Sin or NARS Orgasm.
30. Do you buy your makeup on eBay? I’ve never bought anything from eBay before! haha
31. Do you like drugstore makeup? Yes!
32. Do you go to CCO’s? (cosmetic company outlets)? I check them out whenever I go to a premium outlet in the US, although the only thing I’ve ever bought from there was an Elizabeth Arden Green Tea fragrance.
33. Did you ever consider taking make-up classes? Yes! I wanted to enroll in classes for fun as a reward for getting my accounting designation, but I never ended up doing it. I would still like to take them eventually though.
34. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? No, I wouldn’t say so.
35. Name a makeup crime that you hate? Using concealer that’s too light/brightening under the eyes.
36. Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones? Generally neutral, although I love a bold lip every once in a while.
37. Which celebrity always has great make up? Hmm. Emma Watson, her makeup is always understated and flawless.
38. If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use? Concealer.
39. Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on? Yeah, I do it every once in a while.
40. Do you think you look good even without any makeup on? I certainly don’t feel like strutting my stuff or anything when I go out without makeup, but I feel like I just look like a more tired version of myself, haha.