This is the THIRD time I’ve tried to do this look! I wanted to post this look before my Holiday Makeup Favourites, but the first time looked terrible. Then, stashmatters mentioned thatshe thought these colours would look good together so I was encourage to try again. Second time did not work because the lighting was horrible. I have been finding it very difficult to photograph makeup looks due to the fact that there’s only about 8 hours of weak sunlight during the winter, and on weekdays I am not at home when the sun is out. Anyways, the second time I tried to do the look again, the sun was setting and it was already too dark. Third time’s the charm!
This look uses the Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things Palette. I like the combination of dirty pale gold with burgundy, although I wish Soiree (the burgundy shade) was much more pigmented and easier to blend. The look didn’t quite turn out as Christmassy as I hoped it would be, but it’s not a bad look overall.
Too Faced Chocolate Milk
Too Faced Tinsel
Too Faced Soiree
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara
- Run Chocolate Milk over the crease – this acts as your transition shade.
- Place Tinsel on the lid from the inner corner to the middle of the lid. Make sure not to go above the crease.
- Place Soiree in the outer corner of the lid to create definition.
- Line your upper lid – I used Urban Decay’s pencil liner in Zero, which isn’t my favourite but I’m trying to finish it up.
- For the lower lash line, run Soiree from the outer half of the lash line to the middle. Then use Tinsel from the inner corner to the middle, blending Soiree and Tinsel together in the middle so there is a smooth transition.
- I opted out of doing this, but if you want to add something extra festive to the holiday look, you can apply some glitter shadow to the center of the lid where Tinsel meets Soiree.
- Curl lashes and put mascara on. Currently I’m using Makeup Forever’s Smoky Extravagant mascara, which I am really not liking – it makes my curled lashes stick straight again! But again, I am using just to finish it up.
That’s it! Pretty simple look. Let me know if you have any holiday eye look ideas!