Hello everyone! Today I was playing around with a New Years Eve party look. We have zero plans for New Years at the moment so I have absolutely no place to wear this look, but it’s fun to play with colours either way! It’s your typical dark smoky NYE look, but it was still fun to do!
-Urban Decay Vice Palette (Black Market and Laced)
-Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette (top left highlight colour and bottom right definer colour)
-Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Laced
-Too Faced A Few of My Favourite Things palette (Pure Glam)
-Sephora Collection Mini Glitter Liner Set
1. After using eyeshadow primer on your lids, place a black cream or powder shadow to all over your lid. Don’t go too much over your natural crease. I don’t own cream shadow so I used Urban Decay powder shadow in Black Market, but honestly, I think cream shadow would work better and give you a more intense look.
2. Use the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette and pat the definer colour in the bottom right all over the lid, right over the black shadow and going slightly above the black. This is a gorgeous shade with a reddish-brown base and a blue-green duochrome, and is a well-known dupe for MAC Club.
3. Place a highlight colour on your browbone – I just used the highlight colour in the top left of the Comfort Zone palette. Take a shade close to your skin colour and run it in your crease between the highlight and the lid colour to act as your transition shade. I used Laced from the Urban Decay Vice palette. If the duchrome shade has faded during the blending, reapply the colour to the lid.
4. At this point, you can move onto Step 5, but if you want a little more definition, use a black sparkly shadow to deepen up the V. I used Two Faced eyeshadow in Pure Glam from the A Few of My Favourite Things palette.
5. Run Pure Glam on the outer half of your lower lash line. On the upper lash liner, Use a liquid liner. I used the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner. Usually, the shininess of this liner doesn’t really bother me, but because there was so much shine going on with this look, I think it kind of killed this look.
6. Use a glittery purple-blue glitter liner to line the inner half of the lower lash line. I used a mini glitter liner set from the Sephora Collection. Next, apply mascara, and false lashes if you prefer.
That’s it! I feel like the duochrome makes the look a lot more complex looking than it actually is. This was a lot of fun to do – I think I might do another NYE eye look – a lighter but more sparkly one!