I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I had all of last week off as I had four days of vacation left that I wasn’t allowed to carry into the new year. It was so quiet and relaxing – just what I wanted. I am back to work tomorrow, and am absolutely dreading going back to face the music.
Anyways, today I wanted to share a second New Years Eve look. The last look I did was a dark smoky eye, but I wanted to try a lighter, sparkly eye for a less dramatic NYE look as well.
Urban Decay Naked Palette: Sin, Buck, Virgin, Naked
Too Faced’s Glitter Glue
Too Faced Le Grand Chateau Palette: Oui
Gosh Effect Powder in Meringue
Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Liner in Zero
- Pat Sin or a similar champagne colour onto the first half of the lid.
2. Place a medium brown in the outer half of your lid. I used UD Buck from the Naked Palette. Apply a shimmery highlight onto the browbone – I used UD Virgin, also from the Naked Palette.
3. Now apply a glittery black eyeshadow to deepen up the crease. I used Oui from the Too Faced Le Grand Chateau palette, which is a very deep brown with bronze glitter. Unfortunately, the glitter doesn’t really transfer to the lids! Take this shade onto the outer half of the lower lash line as well. I then used UD Naked as a transition shade to blend between my lid and browbone.
4. Lastly, apply a thin layer of the Too Faced Glitter Glue right on top of where Sin was applied. Take a glittery champagne/pink pigment and carefully pat it on top of the glitter glue to give the lids more shine. I used a loose pigment from Gosh, which doesn’t look that much different to Sin in the swatches, but in person it is definitely much more metallic and sparkly. Place this glittery shade in the middle of the lower lash line as well.
5. I had to go back and deepen up the outer lid shade afterwards, as the colour faded a little when I patted on the glitter. Lastly, line the top lid with your choice of liner, and then apply mascara. Use false lashes if you prefer (I didn’t bother as I wasn’t going out afterwards).
And that’s it! Pretty simple look.