We’re not all that big into Valentine’s Day in our household; if anything, we just use the holiday as an excuse to try out a more expensive restaurant that we’ve been meaning to try, regardless of whether it has an romantic atmosphere or not.
Either way, I still find it fun to do Valentine’s Day looks on Valentine’s Day. Most years I usually go with a pretty neutral pink and brown look, but for today’s post I decided to try something a little different – pink and purple! I pulled out my Too Faced Le Grand Chateau palettes, which has pretty much not been used at all since I bought it for Christmas. It was handy because they had all the colours I wanted to use in the look.
Products used on eyes:
Too Faced Le Grand Chateau palette:
Le Marais – White with iridescent pink
Fifi – medium matte taupe brown
Je t’aime – medium frosted pink
Provence – cool purple with blue shimmer (as expected from purple shadows, the swatch in the picture didn’t turn out true to life *sigh*)
Tres Chic – Deep purple-black with purple glitter
Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner
Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara
Products Used on Face/Lips:
Too Faced Le Grand Chateau palette: Blush in Tres Fab (Medium neutral pink with slight sheen)
Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights in Rose Gold
Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick in PK307 Tourmaline
As always, I list each product I used for every step, but can always be replaced with whatever similar shades that you have lying around!
- Place a transitional colour in the crease to help blend your colours together (Fifi).
- Apply a shimmery pink shade all over the lid (Je t’aime).
- Take a dark purple and apply it to deepen your outer V (Tres Chic). I actually used a very dark purple-black with purple glitter, which looked darker and more dramatic in real life than in the pictures. Also take this colour down to the lower lash line.
- Place a medium purple in the middle area of your lids to help transition between your dark purple and pink (Provence).
- Highlight the browbone and inner corner with a shimmery white (Le Marais).
- Do a winged liner on your upper lash line with some liquid liner (Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner).
- Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes (Too Faced Better than Sex).
- Because all of the colours I chose were cooler shades, I used the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer to warm up the look, then I used the Tres Fab blush from the Le Grand Chateau palette as I wanted to keep everything I used for the look in the pink family. I then mixed all of the shades in the Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights in Rose Gold to use as a highlight.
- Since my eye look was a little darker, I wanted a lighter lip to balance everything out, and decided to go with the Shiseido Perfect Rouge in PK307 Tourmaline.
It’s quite strange because this shade looks pretty warm and medium-toned compared to most pinks, but on my lips it looks much more cool-toned and even neutral. I think it’s because my warm complexion makes it look cool in comparison. I keep searching but have yet to find a warm pink that remains warm-toned on my lips, and it’s really annoying! The Perfect Rouge formula is amazing though, and one of my top 3 lipstick formulas – so glossy and hydrating on the lips.
That’s about it! What types of look do you do for Valentine’s Day (if any?)