Even though summer is my favourite season in terms of weather, autumn is my favourite month in terms of makeup. While I basically wear the same makeup year-round (browns, golds, taupes), I tend to add a bit of reddish/cranberry shades to my eye looks during the fall. Today I wanted to share with you a makeup look I did recently. For these warmer looks, I always pull out my Urban Decay Naked palette (the original), although I did break out my In the Night palette from the brand W7 for the first time to get the cranberry colour I was looking for.
These were the products I used:
Transition shade: Urban Decay Naked
On the lid: Urban Decay Half-Baked
Middle of the lid: Urban Decay Toasted
Outer lid: W7 In the Night Palette – Laura E
Browbone/inner corner highlight: W7 In the Night Palette – Party Pooper
Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Liner in Zero
Eyelash curler: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
Mascara: CoverGirl Clump Crusher
- Run UD Naked through the crease as a transition shade.
- Pat UD Half Baked all over the lid.
- Apply UD Toasted from the middle of the lid to the outer half of the lid.
- Take a pencil brush and apply the shade Laura E from the W7 In the Night palette into the outer V. This is a deep rusted brown shade to give some definition to the lid. Apply the same shade to the lower lash line using the same pencil brush.
- Apply a highlighter onto the browbone and inner corner to highlight. I used the highlight shade Party Pooper from the In the Night palette, which was powdery and I did not like at all.
- Run a pencil liner across the upper lashline. I used UD’s 24/7 Pencil Liner in Zero, which is black, my go-to eyeliner colour. However, I think brown would be a pretty, softer shade that would go well with these eye shadow colours!
- Curl your lashes (I use the Shu Uemura eyelash curler) and apply mascara. I’ve been using the CoverGirl Clump Crusher.
Taking photos of my eyes have been horrifying lately…like, when did they get so WRINKLED? And as you can tell in the photos, I’ve been struggling with my undereye area looking super dry and cakey lately. Not sure why, but it’s suddenly become a problem these last two weeks. Anyways, this is a pretty easy fall look that can be replaced with whatever shades you’re interested in.
I have so many eye makeup look ideas that I want to post lately, they are just one of the more time-consuming posts. My next eye look will be using the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette!