Lately I’ve been tagged in a bunch of award posts, so today I’m copying Always Cleia, who lumped all of her awards into one giant post.
Since I’m doing so many of them all at once, I’m not writing questions for every award or tagging people individually for each award. I’ve tagged a bunch of people at the bottom, so if you’ve tagged (or even if you aren’t), feel free to answer all of these below using any of the 30 questions I’ve come up with, or none of them! Questions are at the very end.
This is probably the longest post I’ve ever written, and I found it very difficult to talk about myself, so grab a coffee or tea and sit tight!
THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
For the Sunshine Blogger award, I was nominated by Hoi Yin Li. Please give her a follow if you don’t already, especially if you’re a skincare junkie!
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
- Do you have any nicknames that your family and/or friends call you by instead?
I blog anonymously, so I can’t share my name, but I actually don’t have any nicknames!
- What’s the most recent song you listened to? I’ve been listening to JT’s new album!
- What do you normally order at the coffee shop? (It can be non-coffee if you don’t like coffee.)
I like to try new drinks all the time, but my usual suspects are a Dirty Chai (chai latte with a shot of espresso), Matcha Latte, or a London Fog, regardless of where I go for my coffee.
- What are you most looking forward to this year? 1) Trips! Either Japan or Australia with my husband, and then Hong Kong/Taiwan with my parents in November. 2) Getting out to the mountains more often – last year, we were so busy in the summer that that we didn’t go out there once. 3) My calligraphy business! Like I said before, I have a lot to learn and I have no idea if it’ll get anywhere, but I’m still excited for this new venture. 4) Making our house a home! We bought our house right before getting engaged, so a lot of our time and money went towards the wedding instead of decorating the house, and then after the wedding, we just never got back into it. We have all of the essential furniture, but I’m excited to make our home feel more “us” this year.
- What are your pet peeves?
I know I should be more patient, but I get annoyed by people who walk slow, or just randomly stop in the middle of walking without considering the traffic behind them. What is worse is a GROUP of people who walk slow but take up the whole sidewalk/hallway. Why do you do this to me?!
- Do you have a daily morning ritual before you officially start your day?
No interesting ritual, just a standard routine! Shower, put my face on, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, and then head off to work.
- Where is the further place that you have traveled to so far, and why?
The farthest in terms of flying time is probably Asia – I think it’s around a 13 hour flight to Hong Kong.
- If you can acquire the skill of any language fluently, what would it be?
I would love to be fluent in French! I took it all the way up until the last level in high school, but when you stop using a language, you pretty much lose it. I would love to be able to have a full conversation in French.
- Do you have any unpopular opinions? (i.e. an opinion that isn’t in agreement with a general population.)
Hmmm. I don’t like Marvel movies. I’m not interested in the ABH Renaissance Palette. I don’t understand the hype with Beyonce. I don’t mind the word “moist”. I don’t think guys with beards are attractive.
- Do you have a film that you really want to watch, but haven’t got round to watching yet?
So many! I watch way more TV than movies. I need to watch Baby Driver, The Greatest Showman, Murder on the Orient Express, to name a few – plus all of those movies that are nominated for the Academy Awards this year.
- What is your favourite quote? (It can be from a film/book/song/speech etc.)
“The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days waiting for better ones ahead. “- Marjorie Pay Hinckley. I don’t know why the best quotes are from religious figures/people. This quote reminds me to live in the moment and to not just enjoy the end result, but also the journey.
THE LIEBSTER AWARD
I was nominated by Candice from Ccosmetic Chaos for this award. Please go read her blog if you have a chance. She also makes YouTube videos and I have really enjoyed watching them lately!
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you and share their blog.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that you have been asked.
- Nominate 11 more bloggers whose blogs you like.
- Ask 11 questions that you would like those bloggers to answer.
- Let the bloggers you have nominated know that they’ve been nominated.
11 Facts About Me:
- I love watching wedding videos for fun, even if I don’t know the couple
- I’m a bean counter by day (and a blogger by night?)
- One talent I really wish I possessed is artistic skills.
- After I watched The Ring when I was younger, I wouldn’t go near the TV for two weeks, and was also fearful every time the phone rang.
- I buy plants every spring, but I never managed to successfully keep one alive.
- My greatest weakness is terms of junk food is chips – I could probably eat a family-sized bag in one sitting!
- One of the items on my bucket list is to visit all of the Disney parks in the world.
- I didn’t learn English until I started kindergarten.
- I would like to have a corgi one day.
- I love rollercoasters, as long as they’re not jerky; the scarier, the better!
- I hate Oreo cookies but I love Oreo ice cream and Oreo cheesecake.
- Whats your favourite colour?
Can I say “pastel”? haha if I had to choose one, I would say pastel blue.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Somewhere warm where it doesn’t snow! I keep asking my husband if we can move to California…or Hawaii. Alternatively, I would also love to live in Europe, where we could easily travel from country to country for cheap.
- What is one of your most unpopular opinions?
Answered in a previous question up above!
- Name two guilty pleasures.
1) Watching Pretty Little Liars. 2) Binge-eating Flaming Hot Cheetos 3) Listening to Backstreet Boys (I’m not even guilty about this one).
- What do you want to be if you grow up
“If” I grow up. I would have loved to be a wedding planner, but only if I didn’t have to deal with bridezillas!
- Favourite Quote?
Another repeat question so I’ll share another one: “Happiness comes when we stop complaining about the troubles we have and offer thanks for the troubles we don’t have.” -Thomas S. Monson. Again from another religious leader, but whatever. This one hits home for me because I complain about everything, all the time. For the last year, I’ve tried reframing my mind to be grateful for the things that I have and not to complain about the things I don’t have.
- What made you start blogging, and why the topic you blog about?
I’ve always been into makeup, and I’ve read makeup blogs/watched makeup videos for so long. I just wanted a creative space where I could talk about things I’m interested in!
- YouTube or Netflix?
Netflix, hands down.
- Post the 7th most recent picture in your phone. No noodies.
An unfinished project that I posted on my calligraphy business’s Instagram:
- How did you meet your best friend?
I don’t have a best friend! Just a group of close girlfriends.
- How did you find writing out the 11 facts about yourself?
UNIQUE BLOGGER AWARD
I was tagged by Nova of SuperNovaBeauty. You must follow this gal if you don’t already – I’m so jealous of her makeup skills!
- Answer all the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Share the link of the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 8 to 13 bloggers for the same award
- Ask 3 questions
- What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of?
Enchanted! I don’t know how many times I’ve watched this, but it never fails to put a smile on my face. I don’t understand why this isn’t a more popular Disney movie. It’s such a cute movie, and I love the soundtrack.
- What are your most important rules when going on a date?
Put that phone away!
- What “old person” things do you do?
Hmm, I go to bed early and wake up early, even on a weekend. I drink hot water with a slice of lemon. I spy on neighbours from my bedroom window (only when they’re on the street making a ruckus…I’m not that creepy LOL)
VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD
This is one from Cleia’s post that I decided to do since I wasn’t already tagged for it – thanks, Cleia! If you don’t already follow her, you should. She has the prettiest flatlays!
- Thank the person who gave you this award and link to their blog.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- List 7 things about yourself
- I’m 4’11”. This world is not built for shorties, y’all. I can’t reach anything!
- My fitness goal this year is to deadlift 180% of my body weight (180% because I don’t think I’ll be able to do double my body weight haha).
- I first got into makeup because I could never find clothes that were small enough for me, but makeup doesn’t size discriminate!
- I’m a voracious reader.
- I used to be obsessed with Easter growing up because I wanted all of the pastel things.
- I’m an only child.
- I love all tropical fruit flavours: pineapple, mango, passionfruit, guava, lychee – all the tropical fruits!
I’m just going to list 25 questions; if you do any of these tags, feel free to choose whichever question you feel like answering!
- Why did you start blogging?
- What does a perfect day entail?
- What’s your earliest memory?
- Do you (or would you) share your passwords with a significant other, and why or why not?
- What was your favourite cartoon as a kid?
- If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
- What are five things you like about yourself?
- What’s one thing you would change about yourself?
- You get an all-expenses paid vacation to anywhere in the world (can only choose one place) with no budget. Where would you go and what would you do?
- What made you choose your job/profession (or major if you’re still in school)?
- Would you rather be a great singer, or a great dancer?
- What fictional place from a book or movie do you wish existed?
- Is there anything you’ve tried that you would never do again?
- What personality trait do you wish you had?
- Do you have any bad habits?
- What is your ideal meal?
- Would you rather give up TV/movies for a year, or give up social media for a year?
- Are there any websites you visit every single day?
- What makeup/fashion trend do you wish would come back?
- What celebrity or celebrities would you like to be friends with?
- Do you believe in soulmates? Why or why not?
- What’s something that you want to see in your lifetime?
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever gotten?
- What is one thing in your life you wish you could do over?
- What is the most memorable book or movie that you’ve written or watched?