Sorry for the lack of posts this last week! I’ve lost my memory card, and thus all the photos that I’ve taken for the posts I’ve been preparing. I’m working on finding it, but in the meantime, I’ve been working on retaking some of the photos so that I can continue posting.
Today’s look is a purple eye featuring the Teeez Spectrum of Stars eye shadow in Wisteria Shadow, a purple eye shadow with a mint green duochrome. I bought this eye shadow last month and was so excited to start using it. Just look at this shade! The Tarte Tartelette palette was also used heavily in this look.
Transition Colour: Force of Nature
Lid Colour (base): Tarte Natural Beauty
Lid Colour (topper): Teeez Spectrum of Stars in Wisteria Shadow
Crease Colour: Tarte Bombshell
Highlight Colour: Urban Decay Booty Call
Liquid Eyeliner: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner – Trooper
Lower liner: Tarina Tarantino Hyperliner in Amethyst Android
Mascara: Maybelline Push Up Drama Mascara
1) I ran Force of Nature through my crease as the transition shade.
2) Then I laid Tarte Natural Beauty, a matte mauve shade, all over my lid as a base colour.
3) Using Tarte Bombshell, a deep matte plum, I added some definition by placing this shade in the outer third of my lid.
4) I used Wisteria Shadow as a topper, and patted it over Natural Beauty, up until the area where Tarte Bombshell was applied.
5) Applying Wisteria Shadow had taken away some of the intensity of Tarte Bombshell, so I deepened up the shade again.
6) The last step of the shadows is to apply Urban Decay’s Booty Call on the browbone and the the inner corner.
7) Since the eye look is dark already and I was wearing it during the day, I thought it was too much to do a really thick eyeliner. Instead, I did a thin line using the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper.
8) On the lower lash line, I used Tarina Tarantino’s Hyperliner in Amethyst Android. I thought this brighter purple would look good with the darker eye shadow!
9) Lastly, I applied mascara to my top and bottom lashes. The mascara I’m currently using is the Maybelline Push Up Drama – review to follow next week!
And this is the final look!